I've been pretty busy over the last few days, and it's taken a while to collect all of my thoughts toward this election. But, here goes!
The biggest surprises of the election:
4. The Democrats expanding their majority in the Michigan House. Just over a year ago, a small group of anti-tax conservatives launched recall campaigns against several Democrats (and a few Republicans) to punish them, if you will, for raising taxes. I had no clue that, a year later, Democrats would expand their majority in the state House by 9! Dems have gained 20 seats in the last three election cycles despite a Republican gerrymander, for a majority of 67-43.
- Bill Ayers controversy
- The Rev. Wright controversy
- The front-runner status of a former President's wife
- The Republican nomination of a war hero
- The standard lies about Democrats wanting to raise your taxes
- I could go on and on