- From the one and only Walter Reuther:
"This country is my country too, you know. I am not a second class citizen, and I don't intend to start acting like one...just because they pay a worker, does not mean they own him."Happy Labor Day!
- "U.S. Economy Gets Lift From Stimulus." So says that bastion of liberalism, The Wall Street Journal.
- A Seattle rally for healthcare reform, attended by 3,000 people, doesn't make the paper.
- Hard work? Staying in school? Obama's a socialist! (/snark) But most people aren't buying that.
- Ernie Harwell, 91, has inoperable cancer.
- Good news for the Tigers? Their magic number is 20. They lead the AL Central by 7. I don't want to curse them, but it looks like they're running away with it!