8/26/2009

The dream shall never die. Edward M. Kennedy, 1932-2009

It is the glory and the greatness of our tradition to speak for those who have no voice.

-Edward M. Kennedy













What a life Ted Kennedy lived.

Though he was a member of one of the nation's most well-known families - one that included an inspiring President - Ted Kennedy did so much in is own right. From Daily Kos:
Kennedy was a liberal fighter in the old mold. The plethora of legislation he helped pass made life better for children, for the poor, for African-Americans, for immigrants, for workers. He didn't just give lip service to the rights of workers, he stood in their corner.
As his son, Congressman Patrick Kennedy, said recently:
"He is the penultimate senator. I don't need to exaggerate when I talk about my father. That's the amazing thing. He breaks all the records himself."
I offer my condolences to the entire Kennedy family following the passings of both Ted and his sister Eunice earlier this month.

Thank you, Senator Kennedy.

We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will live on in the future we make.

No comments: