- For those of you who don't know (since it has been a while since I explained it), Bits of Tid is my semi-regular compilation of news and other items. The name comes from reversing the syllables in 'Tidbits' and sticking 'of' in between.
- Mention that the public option is just that - an option - and people are much more supportive of it.
- It's a start: Attorney General Holder has appointed a special investigator to look at detainee abuse.
- Barack Obama's vacation reading list includes five books totaling more than 2,300 pages.
- A group of local Republican leaders in Illinois
held a meeting and prepared to recite the pledge. Oops. There was no flag in the room for them to face while reciting. What to do?
Why, call on a fellow named Gene to come to the rescue. Gene was wearing a shirt decked out in an American flag pattern. He came forward, and the group of assembled Republicans pledged allegiance to his shirt.
- Tigers' magic number: 35. Ironically they've scored fewer runs than three of the other four teams in the AL Central, but they've also allowed the fewest runs. Possible proof that defense wins championships?
- Yesterday was my 18th - and, for now, final - first day of school. Where has the time gone?