Lots of Good News Edition
- First of all: Sorry I haven't been blogging much recently. I recently experienced a significant event in my life - an event best known as 'graduating from college.'
It was pretty neat - I mean, minus the minute or two of hail and the holding-on-to-my-hat-so-the-wind-wouldn't-blow-it-off part. But I'm proud to have joined the ranks of about 180,000 other people in becoming alumni of Central Michigan University. Fire Up Chips!
- Speaking of which, a random fact: I graduated from East Kentwood High School five years ago today - May 27, 2005.
- In other good news: Unlike in 2008, when I was one of three candidates on the ballot for two positions as Precinct Delegate in my precinct, this time it's the other way around. I'm one of two people running for three spots - which means there's a 99.999% chance I will be re-elected!
- After my one-vote re-election victory in 2008, one of the things I did in my role as Precinct Delegate was to introduce two resolutions - one of which deals with the ban on gay men from giving blood, while the other discussed higher education funding. Both resolutions were adopted by the Kent County and Michigan Democratic Parties.
Well, I probably shouldn't take too much credit for this, but the feds may be on the verge of lifting that ban!
- BP might be facing criminal charges.
- Bill Schuette hasn't even been nominated for Attorney General by the Republicans - yet the Michigan Democratic Party is already going after him. Why? I don't know for sure, but click the link to see my thoughts.
- Finally - speaking of giving blood - let me remind you that there is always a need for blood. Have you given blood lately? If you haven't given blood since April 1, head on over to Michigan Blood's website and find a blood center or blood drive near you.