- John Fugelsang has some good tweets on Twitter. One good one recently:
The spill isn't Bush or Obama's Katrina. It's Deregulation's Chernobyl.
- Steve Benen raises an important question: Why is President Obama being criticized for doing what other Presidents were not criticized for doing? Examples Benen cites include bowing; appointing 'czars;' and even casual dress.
- Gov. Jennifer Granholm and Rep. John Dingell have taken steps to declare on a governmental level that Andres Gallaraga did, in fact, pitch a perfect game. Normally I'm against that kind of thing, but if this is all Dingell or Granholm had done this year, they still would have done more to stand up for what's right than certain other politicians.
- Alice Corey died this week at 59. Those of you who live in Michigan's 3rd Congressional district, she was one of our delegates to the 2008 Democratic National Convention in Denver. I won't soon forget the passion she showed when she was elected as a delegate in April of that year.
- John Wooden, who also died this week at 99, gave us so many good quotes that I can't decide which is my favorite. One I like:
Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.
Wooden would know.
- Finally, for some good news: I have been elected the new Grand Knight for Knights of Columbus Council 4362! That means I will be in charge of the Council starting on July 1.