- No 5-12 upsets! Two 6-11 upsets, one of which (Winthrop over ND) I called. I had Duke going to the Sweet Sixteen.
- Wisconsin scored 75% of its points in the second half.
- Thirteen of the 32 remaining schools are also names of their home states (incl. Wisconsin and Oregon), while ten others have states' names in them (Southern Illinois, UNLV, etc.) Only one school in the tournament is named after a saint (St. Francis Xavier). Alas, it was just not St. Aloysius Gonzaga's year - nor St. Ignatius Loyola or St. Thomas Aquinas.
- Big Ten: 4-2
- PAC-10: 4-2
- MAC: 0-1, but a strong 0-1 - Only losing to a PAC-10 school by two points!
- Big Ten v. PAC-10 head to head: 1-0 Big Ten (I called it!)