Constitution Day Eve/Sucks-to-be-a-Republican Edition
- Tomorrow is Constitution Day - the 220th anniversary of the signing of the US Consititution! How fitting, since it's Alberto Gonzales's last day as AG!
- Speaking of the Constitution: I was thinking recently, Jennifer Granholm ought to jump in the Presidential race. I mean, sure she wasn't born in the US, so technically she's not supposed to run. But if Bush won't follow the Constitution, why should Jenny? Oh that's right, she has morals.
- Oh, and there's this little thing called the "state budget crisis." But she's already done more about it than state Senate Majority Leader Mike Bishop has! Again, MichLib and BFM have all the latest. And don't forget to check out this piece from Christine.
- Speaking of MichLib, I am now doing Sunday Coffee Talk instead of Saturday.
- Former Sen. Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island - who won a hotly-contested primary last year before losing his bid for re-election to a Democrat - has left the Republican Party. This comes as no surprise to me; Chafee said that rather than voting for Bush in 2004, he wrote in the elder Bush's name.
- Chafee is not alone. Late last week, Greenspan gave the GOP a shellacking. Today, Kerry did the same to McCain.
- After threats from the DNC, Florida is backing down with regards to its presidential primary. Will the MDP follow suit?
- This weekend in sports: The Whitecaps won their fifth Midwest League championship! Also, the Tigers are now within 4 1/2 games of Cleveland, U-M dominated Notre
ShameDame 38-0, and the Lions continue to share the best record in the NFL: 2-0.