8/18/2008

Bits of Tid: August 18, 2008

  • The Obama banner on the right links to the Michigan for Obama MySpace page. I am excited to inform you that I have secured an internship with Obama for America, and as part of my internship I help to manage that very Michigan for Obama page on MySpace!
  • I'm back at CMU helping to put on a freshman orientation program relating to diversity. Now through Wednesday, I am spending my evenings preparing for the program, which will run Thursday through Saturday. Many of the incoming freshmen are participating in what is called Leadership Safari, which I am glad I did my freshman year. Most residence hall students move in Thursday, and classes begin next Monday.
  • The other day at the Democratic County Convention, I seconded the motion to approve the Credentials Committee Report. Winning by one vote can make you powerful! :-)
  • I'm pushing for people to vote absentee if they need to. Keep in mind that while absentee ballots don't come out until late September, they will accept absentee ballot apps anytime until November 1 (the Saturday before the election). So there's no better time than now to apply for an absentee ballot!

No comments: