12/29/2009

Bits of Tid: December 29, 2009

  • Yikes. As I was driving my van onto a snowy and icy entrance ramp to I-96 yesterday, I lost control and slid partway into a ditch. Luckily, the van suffered no apparent damage, and other than being shaken up, I was fine.

    Fine, that is, until I had to pay the towing company. But the point is, as far as accidents go, that was a very minor one - not even a fender-bender. And of course, I was wearing my seat belt. So I hope you're careful on the roadways - especially those ramps!
  • Speaking of traveling safely, Republicans in Congress have provided opposition to TSA funding - a move which many call hypocritical, while some suggest it makes them responsible if something should happen down the line.
  • Also, here's a good piece about then-President Bush's response to the shoe-bombing incident which took place around the same point in Bush's presidency as the Metro Airport incident did in Obama's.
  • To all the attention-seekers out there -from Ezekiel 28:17:
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

No comments: