12/07/2009

Bits of Tid: December 7, 2009

  • Before I go on, it would be a mistake not to acknowledge that today is the 68th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

    I hear a lot less talk about Pearl Harbor nowadays than I used to. Perhaps because many of those who remember that day have since passed on; perhaps because September 11, 2001, has taken precedence when it comes to attacks on American soil.

    Regardless, I ask that you please take a few minutes to remember in your thoughts and prayers all who have died in the service of our country, not only at Pearl Harbor but throughout our country's history.
  • Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately; we have come upon a time we at Central call "Finals Week." Luckily, the bulk of what I have to get done is already done, and my Finals Week isn't that hard at all.
  • In between studying, I am reading True Compass: A Memoir, by our beloved Ted Kennedy.
  • Wal-Mart's been naughty.
  • Just in time for Copenhagen: What if scientists could create electricity with zero CO2 emissions? Now they can.
  • And if that's not enough, solar electricity is becoming more available.
  • Guess who cracked the AP Top 25?
  • And finally, enjoy this holiday medley by Straight No Chaser:

No comments: