7/30/2010

Precinct delegate and convention deadlines are TODAY!

You know that song, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to?" Well, if you want your crying to be heard throughout our local and state Democratic Parties, today - July 30 - is your last chance.


Today is the last day you can file to run as a write-in candidate for Precinct Delegate. Remember, many precincts have at least one or two more Precinct Delegate spots than candidates running, making it very easy for a write-in candidate to win. Mine is one such precinct, and Mom is running as a write-in. Grandma's precinct has zero Democrats running for four spots; if she was in better shape, I would have prodded her to run herself.


It's also the last day to join the MDP or renew your membership in time to vote at next month's Democratic State Convention.


I have been an MDP member and a Precinct Delegate for four years now, and I gotta say: It's a lot more fun to get involved than it is to sit on the sidelines whining.

No comments: