- My brother returned to work full-time today!
- We went to see my paternal grandmother for Mother’s Day. Unfortunately, she isn’t doing all that great. My dad has had to spend each night with her for the past couple weeks. I haven’t seen much of him lately.
- Yesterday (May 14) also would have been my maternal grandmother’s 91st birthday. She died in 2001 at 84.
- My Mother’s day card for my mom:
-Front: "I know I wasn’t an easy child to live with." (Picture of a baby in a high chair with a cigar in his mouth and a glass of beer on the table!)
-Inside: "The great ones never are."
- My bit on Kassel got a mention on MichLib!
- From the "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" Department: The Nancy Grace show on CNN Headline News showed a clock that indicated how long - to the second - until Paris Hilton goes to jail.
- I submitted a nomination to Lake Superior State University's Banished Word List (and you can too). I will submit a few more between now and the end of the year, but for now, here's my first nomination for the 2008 list:
GINORMOUS - "One of the most pathetic compound words to pollute the English language. Why can't you just say 'enormous' or 'gigantic?' "