I just cannot believe I am already into my third decade of life - my twenties!! I was born on October 21, 1987, in Greensboro, NC.
I would like to thank all of you who wished me a happy birthday yesterday. I didn't get much in the way of presents - just some money, a couple of cards, and a thing of Rice Krispies Treats (which I have had for each birthday ever since I was about 6 - I'm not a fan of birthday cake.) Of course, that's pretty much all I had asked for, so I'm not that disappointed.
But I would like to ask you all to do me a favor in honor of my 20th.
In honor of my 20th birthday, I would like to ask you to do at least one or two of the following:
- Donate either $20 or 20 minutes of your time to a charity of your choice.
- Contact the offices of your members of Congress and share your thoughts on a few important issues of the day. I recommend telling them you support increasing the CAFE Standards and the Renewable Energy Standard, but oppose guaranteed loans to nuclear-power companies. Also, be sure to speak out against making the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) permanent. Elected officials are more likely to do what you want them to do when you contact them!
- For those of you in Michigan, call your state lawmakers and remind them to pass a state budget soon!
- Register someone to vote.
- Post your favorite words of wisdom or a funny joke in the comments to this post.