- Guess which judge said this:
Because when a case comes before me involving, let's say, someone who is an immigrant -- and we get an awful lot of immigration cases and naturalization cases -- I can't help but think of my own ancestors, because it wasn't that long ago when they were in that position... When I get a case about discrimination, I have to think about people in my own family who suffered discrimination because of their ethnic background or because of religion or because of gender. And I do take that into account.Sonia Sotomayor, right? Wrong. Samuel Alito said it at his confirmation hearing in 2006.
- At any rate, it looks like Sonia Sotomayor might not be filibustered.
- Rush admits it: America's a center-left nation!
- Apparently, you can get arrested for corruption in Iraq.
- Memo to Dick Cheney: Don't mess with Obama's National Security Advisor.
- We're all paying the price for the fact that millions of Americans are uninsured.
- From the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Paragraph 2443:
God blesses those who come to the aid of the poor and rebukes those who turn away from them: "Give to him who begs from you, do not refuse him who would borrow from you"; "you received without pay, give without pay." It is by what they have done for the poor that Jesus Christ will recognize his chosen ones. When "the poor have the good news preached to them," it is the sign of Christ's presence.