- NYC firefighters don’t like Rudy Giuliani.
- I wish I could get paid $440.50 per day to do nothing.
- The Bay City Times:
- Two new federal judges were confirmed for West Michigan on Monday. One - Janet Neff - was approved after Sam Brownback held up her nomination because she - gasp - attended a commitment ceremony. At any rate, Neff will vacate a state Court of Appeals seat which Governor Granholm will fill. Might I suggest Jane Beckering, the 2006 nominee for Michigan Supreme Court who got rave reviews? Appointing Beckering will help grow the Democratic bench for the state Supreme Court.
- Can’t wait to prove Dave Camp wrong.
- Tuesday was LiberalLucy’s birthday. Check out my greeting on MichLib.
- “Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars.”
- Yours truly has submitted another word for banishment to LSSU. Or is it a word?
w00t - Color me surprised that this lousy excuse for a 'word' hasn't been banished yet.
- Detroit Tigers’ magic number: 75.
Senate Majority Leader Michael Bishop, R-Rochester, denied that there was a deal to balance the state budget. In exchange for raising taxes, he demands a remake of a wide swath of state government.
Give it a rest, senator.
Republicans couldn't get these changes done when they ran Lansing. They sure aren't going to eliminate public school pensions and retiree health plans, among other reforms, this year.