7/19/2007

Bits of Tid: July 19, 2007

The Rich and Famous Edition

  • On Daily Kos: Ted Kennedy talks student loans, tales of seeking office, and my submission made it into Top Comments!
  • Unable to bring the troop-withdrawal amendment to a vote, Harry Reid fires back at Senate Republicans.
  • McCain is not the only candidate to be facing money woes.
  • It's time to probe war profiteering, say two freshman Senators.
  • Rep. Tim Walberg (R-WaaaaaaaayOutOfTouch) was outraised last quarter by David Nacht. Last year's Democratic nominee, Sharon Renier, spent just $50,000. We Dems just might win two Congressional seats in the next election right here in Michigan next year - swinging our state's congressional delegation to an 8-7 Democratic majority. That could be pretty important, as I discussed last month.
  • Labor Secretary Elaine Chao says American workers stink. What she probably meant was, her boss stinks.
  • Dennis Kucinich has food poising. Wish him the best.
  • I WON $25!!!
  • I have a, um, 'gut feeling' that my latest nomination for LSSU's Banished Words List just might be banished come New Year's (if for no other reason than the fact that I'm surely not the only one who has submitted it):
    Gut feeling - Michael Chertoff must be good if he can predict a terrorist attack based on his gut. I wish I had such capabilities.

No comments: