Ahh, yes, Saturday Coffee Talk. But before we talk, we must make our coffee.
What's the first thing we need in order to make coffee? Hot water, of course. Shouldn't be hard to find; just look for your local Republican congressperson, who is surely in hot water thanks to their support of the Iraq War:
- WDET: Residents Organize to Change Knollenberg's Position on Iraq.
- Grand Rapids Press: Ehlers gets earful from protestors.
- Michigan Radio: Anti-war Campaign Comes to Michigan.
- LivingBlue: - Rogers' Response to War Protest Is Non-Sequitur - Judy does a nice job countering a statement made by a Rogers aide that "Congressman Rogers will continue to fully support our troops."
- Blogging for Michigan: The Challenge of Teaching in 'Exponential Times' -Christine discusses what it means to be literate today, and shows how the Right's opposition to investing in teachers can have negative effects on children's education.
- Blue November: Candice Miller's "War on Terror" breaks down, paragraph by paragraph, the spin Rep. Miller has on her web site.
- DKos: Conyers Looking Into Credit Card Merchant Practices - I'm just so glad Conyers is from our beautiful state.
- ICDP Dispatch: Bill Clinton and Truman - what a pair - Having gone to a celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Truman Library, Tim shares his thoughts on two great Democrats.
- Liberal, Loud and Proud: - Lucy/Julielyn
/Paris Hiltonallowed Rich at Honest Errors to make a Guest Post.
- LSJ Capitol Journal: Rocky to fight Levin? Ha ha ha! What's your goal this time around, Rocky? 39%?
- Yahoo! News: Ice cream vendor accused of selling pot near Benton Harbor. Insert your own joke here.
- Michigan Lottery - someone hit the $126 million Mega Millions jackpot, as evidenced by the fact that the jackpot for Tuesday's drawing is back down to $12 million. I don't gamble much, but high jackpots always pique my interest.