- For Central students not covered by the CMU Promise guarantee, tuition is going up 4.8% this fall. Another reason for Michigan to keep the Promise Scholarship!
- Where is our stimulus money going? Check michigan.gov/recovery to find out!
- Guess who chairs the US Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Energy, Science, and Technology? None other than Debbie Stabenow!
As Chair, Stabenow will work to ensure that agriculture and forestry play prominent roles in energy and climate policy that invests in new, clean technologies such as biofuels to create well-paying jobs. In addition to the Senate Agriculture Committee, Stabenow serves on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, Senate Finance Committee, and the Senate Budget Committee, all of which have jurisdiction over a wide range of issues important to Michigan. She also speaks as Michigan’s voice in Senate leadership as the Chair of the Democratic Steering and Outreach Committee.
- This says a lot more about you than it does about her, Glenn:
- Jimmy Carter has had to make a very painful decision: he is leaving the Southern Baptist Convention after several decades. Why? They say women are meant to be subservient to men - which is contrary to Carter's beliefs. And mine too.
- Want a public option? Want to be on TV? Head on over here!
- Might I also remind you about Lake Superior State University's Banished Words List?