Happy New Month - it is August 2007!!! "Should Al Gonzales be forgot..."
- Is impeachment in the near future for Gonzales?
- Oh, but don't feel lonely, Gonzo. Senator Ted "It's a Series of Tubes" Stevens is also in trouble.
- Bill Bradley:
"Racial profiling seeps so deeply in our society that a wallet in the hand of a white man looks like a wallet, and the wallet in the hand of a black man looks like a gun."Hat tip: My Left Wing
- First Dick DeVos cursed the Tigers - now is Dubya doing the same?
- A man in Wisconsin won an award for bad writing:
Gerald began — but was interrupted by a piercing whistle which cost him ten percent of his hearing permanently, as it did everyone else in a ten-mile radius of the eruption, not that it mattered much because for them 'permanently' meant the next ten minutes or so until buried by searing lava or suffocated by choking ash — to pee.Of the contest, the article states that
Entrants are asked to submit bad opening sentences to imaginary novels.
- Speaking of which - my latest pick for banishment:
Having your work cut out for you - On the surface, it sounds like someone’s done something nice for you: "Hey, I cut out your work just for you." Uh, not exactly.
A mention of the LSSU list on Daily Kos provoked a lot of responses.
Heck, I think I just might submit something for that award. Or maybe I should just stick to Lake Superior State's Banished Words List.